Shakira - Quotes
- Everyone can know what is in my heart because I find it hard to conceal myself.
- For several years I worried a lot about protecting an image, but today I have understood that the image cannot be preconceived.
- I admire a person who, for the love of art, is able to take off their clothes in front of a camera. But I'm not capable, I'm too cowardly for that.
- I admire Madonna because she always did whatever she felt like doing. She went through some controversial periods when people rejected her, but she kept on reinventing herself.
- I always believed that women have rights and that there are some women that are intelligent enough to claim those rights. There are some others that are stupid enough not to.
- I am trying to make my accent so it won't bother anyone, but I am not going to drive myself crazy trying to pretend I am an American girl when I am from Colombia.
- I don't go out without make up. I'm a woman, you know.
- I pefer an ugly truth to a pretty lie. If someone is telling me the truth that is when I will give my heart.
- I want some day to be able to love with the same intensity and unselfishness that parents love their children with.
- I'm Colombian and nothing will change that.
- In this life, to earn your place you have to fight for it.
- It doesn't bother me to talk about my private life, it doesn't bother me to talk about anything. My life is like a glass of water, transparent.
- It's not easy to work with me, I recognize that. It's not easy if those people aren't as perfectionistic as I am.
- My songs are the reflection of how I think and how I feel in that moment. But I'm conscious of the fact that artists have a responsibility before the masses and they have to take care with their words.
- Writing in English was a major challenge. I didn't want other songwriters to write for me. I wanted to preserve the spirit of my songs in Spanish. I am the same Shakira in English as I am in Spanish.
- Writing songs has a therapeutic effect, and it either kills off love or wins the heart of the lover.
- You're a song written by the hands of God.
- I don't like the competition part of soccer. It's a war in short pants. I prefer art.
- I had a big collection of fried eggs that I painted.