Michael Vartan - Quotes
- You try and live your life as normally as possible and if someone invents a rumor that I have two vaginas, so be it. There's nothing I can do about it.
- You never know why or when the next job is coming. I actually like that.
- You know, people see you in a certain type of movie and they sort of associate you with that genre.
- You know, I think even in the cast we often are amazed at how they keep coming up with new ideas because we all feel, you know, that it's been an amazing job to have and be part of.
- You just have to keep plugging away and if you get lucky enough to get a job, you get one.
- You have to learn to go with what you are.
- Yeah. I can go ahead and say that I don't like romantic comedies. They're not my favorite kind of movie.
- Well, I splurged on a BMW 540 before I even got a job, thanks to my manager, Stephen, who said don't worry about it.
- Well, along one's career you sometimes have to make movies that aren't very good to just work and pay the rent.
- We often happened to think that the writers were going too far, that the storyline was a bit far-fetched. And once the episodes are shot and the plot is developed, the story ends up being coherent each time.
- Usually we know about the evolution of our character when we get the episodes scripts, that is about 2 or 3 weeks before shooting.
- Ultimately, what's sexy is how they wear something - not what it is - and how comfortable they are in it.
- There are actually some good ones, but it's not my favorite kind of movie because I prefer things that are darker and that are probably more challenging as an actor and as a person.
- That initial episode was, I think, one of the best hours of television I've ever seen. The pilot was so great and she was so amazing in it, it really was something new. I'd never really seen a show like that before.
- One day, I came across an article that implied that my presence in the 5th season of Alias was jeopardized. I was in shock!
- No, I think the pilot was my favorite. We were all so excited to be part of it and we all just had such high hopes for it and we loved it.
- My mom lived here and my dad lived in France - I came to the U.S. every summer and Christmas. So it was never a culture shock.
- Look, the good guy in the movie gets the girl.
- In the summers we'd work in the fields; you're not concerned about what your T-shirt's label says when you're laying irrigation pipe.
- In a weird way it's like church and therapy and exercise all rolled up into one. I mean when I play hockey I don't think about anything, which is good for me because thinking hurts my head.
- If it happens to be a romantic comedy that's too good to turn down, and it may be working with someone that I really admire or respect or maybe a great director, then maybe I would do one.
- I wish I were a character actor. Of course, if I played hockey without a mask, I could become one.
- I think the hardest thing about being an actor is between jobs when you don't know and wondering if you'll ever work again. It's kind of a crazy business.
- I think the audience likes the conspiracies, the spy secrets... And there are stunts and the fact that, to some extent, fans feel close to the characters, particularly Sydney, who's still very popular to the audience.
- I think New York is the greatest city in the world, and Paris is the most beautiful. But L.A. is a vibrant town with a lot of new ideas.
- I think it started when Jennifer began dating Ben Affleck. As a result, some fans maybe thought that I'd be madly jealous and that I would consequently leave the show so as not to be next to Jennifer.
- I honestly couldn't care less what people say about me, especially in this business that is based on being judged and rejected.
- Every actor will tell you it's so much more fun to play the bad guy because usually those characters are more complex and more broad and more interesting, and have more sides to them.
- Especially these days television has gotten so good. I mean, some of the best acting and best work is being done on television.
- But you know, at the end of the day it really comes down to the quality of what you're doing.
- But reading the script I actually laughed out loud several times, which is rare for a romantic comedy because most of the time those things tend to be a little corny and they have, you know, very predictable endings.
- But also romantic comedies are great because there's nothing wrong with going to the movies for a couple of hours and having that warm, happy feeling and forgetting about your problems and whatever.
- But again, it's part of the business and as an actor you're fortunate to be working and if it's something that you can't deal with, then you should do something else.
- Along the lines of what I was saying earlier is that there are different things that you do in your career that you do for career reasons.
- When you do work you're lucky enough to go to interesting places and meet mostly interesting and talented people, so it's really a great job if you can work.