Keira Knightley - Quotes
- When I was about 5 we think, I desperately wanted to be a pirate and have the hat and everything.
- I feel less blonde now and, er, smarter!
- The problem for me was that by being in the film the magic was broken. I loved the first Star Wars film and my mum was really into it too, that's why I took the part. But the Force wasn't there when we were filming it, and they didn't have real light sabres, which annoyed me.
- I was told I didn't have to do it, but I said, 'No, it's a beautiful scene, we have to do it.' It's extraordinary that you can cause an uproar by getting your tits out.
- At the end of the two days it was time for me to jump off, and Gore (the director) said to me, 'you don't actually have to jump off; I can get a stunt girl to do that. But I told him: 'I've been standing up here terrified for two days, there is no way I'm not jumping off!' So I jumped off the plank, and I got a big pirate cheer at the end from all the guys, which was a very big compliment.
- It's not everyday you get to do a pirate movie, you might as well go for it.
- I tried college for three months but I was desperately unhappy. I just wanted to perform. I was getting straight As but I had no friends and cried every day.
- History was always my favorite subject anyway, and I love reading, kind of, biographies and that sort of stuff.
- I think every girl is looking for her Mr Darcy.
- It's scary because acting was always my salvation from school. So if anything had gone wrong at school, I could say, 'Oh, but I can do this.' But now it's the only thing. So you sort of think, 'Okay, but what happens if that goes wrong? What's the salvation?' That's a bit scary.
- Yes, I have breasts. So does 50% of the population. Do we really have to waste time talking about mine? I don't think so.
- You go back to the sort of Errol Flynn movies, and the real swashbuckling kind of things, and yeah, I knew about them.
- I'm doing a film now with a lot of guys as well, so at the end of that I will be growing a beard.
- Somebody thought it would be a great idea if they brought their teenage daughters along to the set on the day that we did the kissing scene - I thought I was gonna die! I thought they'd stampede me with the evil eyes I was getting from all of them.
- I finished filming Pirates a couple of days before my 18th birthday, and made sure I was in London to celebrate it. There's no point having an 18th birthday in America, it doesn't mean anything as you can't go out and drink.
- He was completely amazing, ... He did love having six women around him all the time. We took him to a party one night but he was wearing a mask, because he can't be around cigarettes but felt anyone who wanted to smoke could, so he came with a little mask he wore.
- I've got a kind, close-knit family group.
- I did a film called The Hole when I was 16 and, when it came out, a couple of the popular girls at school said, quite loudly, 'She's in a crap movie, so it doesn't count.' It was rude and I was upset, but if you let that stuff bother you, you're going to be in for a tough time. I wasn't popular at school. I learned to let those comments wash over me. I toughened up quite quickly.
- They're all fab and they tell me when I'm acting up and laugh at me as much as possible, which is important.
- I finished filming Pirates a couple of days before my 18th birthday, and made sure I was in London to celebrate it. There's no point having an 18th birthday in America, it doesn't mean anything as you can't go out and drink!
- My friends are laughing at me after last night's premiere and taking the piss out of me mercilessly for pouting as much as I did in front of the cameras!