Julia Roberts - Quotes
- "A fever is an expression of inner rage."
- "I believe that two people are connected at the heart, and it doesn't matter what you do, or who you are or where you live; there are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together."
- "I could have been a dental hygienist with nothing bad ever appearing in print about me, but that's not how I've chosen to lead my life. I knew that you put yourself under a microscope the more famous you become."
- "I don't get angry very often. I lose my temper rarely. And when I do, there's always a legitimate cause. Normally I have a great lightness of being. I take things in a very happy, amused way."
- "I don't think I realized that the cost of fame is that it's open season on every moment of your life."
- "I enjoy hats. And when one has filthy hair, that is a good accessory."
- "I guess what I like the least about this is would be that there doesn't seem to be too much interest or room for the simple truth."
- "I just think that in the big scheme of the world, the way media deals with people in show business, is that the fiction it fodders is so salivated after and so the simple truth doesn't really seem to serve much of a purpose."
- "I just want to make a point that it's not just great teachers that sometimes shape your life. Sometimes it's the absence of great teachers that shapes your life and being ignored can be just as good for a person as being lauded."
- "I love romantic comedies. I like to watch them and I like to be in them. It's something that's increasingly difficult to find that spark of originality that makes if different than the ones that come before."
- "I think less is more when it comes to kissing in the movies."
- "I wouldn't do nudity in films. For me, personally... To act with my clothes on is a performance; to act with my clothes off is a documentary."
- "I'm too tall to be a girl. I'm between a chick and a broad."
- "I've never had to pretend to be having sex with somebody. I'm like the queen of the foreplay dissolve."
- "If you love someone, you say it, right then, out loud. Otherwise, the moment just passes you by."
- "It's funny when people say, 'I don't think Julia likes me.' Honey, if I don't like you, you're going to know about it."
- "Love is not love, without a violin playing goat."
- "My boyfriend keeps telling me I've got to own things. So, first I bought this car. And then he told me I oughta get a house. 'Why a house?' 'Well, you gotta have a place to park the car."
- "My real hair color is kind of a dark blonde. Now I just have mood hair."
- "On my best day, I am a seven-point-seven. I could be a hard eight if I felt great. If I went on a good run and had on my best pair of jeans, I could feel right on the money."
- "People came up: 'I thought you were 6 ft tall.' I'm average height - 5 ft 8 ins, skinny blonde. One guy says to me 'So, where's the fox from Mystic Pizza?"
- "People don't want to see me having sex... I'm the queen of the 'kiss, foreplay, dissolve.' And then the 'Whoo! Good morning, tiger."
- "Republican comes in the dictionary just after reptile and just above repugnant."
- "Show me a person who doesn't like to laugh and I'll show you a person with a toe tag."
- "The man's [Bush] embarrassing. He's not my president and he never will be either."
- "True love doesn't come to you it has to be inside you."
- "What's nice about my dating life is that I don't have to leave my house. All I have to do is read the paper: I'm marrying Richard Gere, dating Daniel Day-Lewis, parading around with John F. Kennedy, Jr., and even Robert De Niro was in there for a day."
- "You can be true to the character all you want but you've got to go home with yourself."
- "You know it's love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you're not part of their happiness."