Halle Berry - Quotes
- "The times may have changed, but the people are still the same. We're still looking for love, and that will always be our struggle as human beings."
- "I understand now that 'special love' exists between two people when the passions lie beneath the surface."
- "I carried my Oscar to bed with me. My first and only three-way happened that night."
- "Being thought of as "a beautiful woman" has spared me nothing in life. No heartache, no trouble. Beauty is essentially meaningless."
- "I know that there is a God - the God within me that's always present and will protect me. I'm not afraid to climb any mountain, because I know that I'm protected. Even if I fall and die, I'm still protected. My faith is on that level."
- "I meditate and pray all the time. The faith and respect that I have in the power of God in my life is what I've used to keep myself grounded,, and it has allowed me to move away from the storms that were in my life. I'm still a work in progress, but I know that as long as I stay close to God I'll be all right."
- "Blackness is a state of mind and I identify with the black community. Mainly, because I realized, early on, when I walk into a room, people see a black woman, they don't see a white women. So out of that reason alone, I identify more with the black community."
- "I don't see a white woman. I see a black woman, even though my mother is white [her father Jerome is black]. Knowing that has made my life easier, I think."
- "We've become obsessed with beauty and the fountain of youth and, frankly, I'm really saddened by the way women mutilate their faces today in search of that."
- "The worst thing a man can ever do is kiss me on the first date."
- "I think it's always best to be who you are."
- "On women who have plastic surgery
When my husband wears this kind of oil, I'm like a puppy."
- "I spent a lot of time with a crown on my head."
- "While being called beautiful is extremely flattering, I would much rather be noticed for my work as an actress."
- "I wish all men were like dogs."